Monday, July 11, 2011

Richmond Memorial Library - World Myths Journey


Thanks to all my friends in Marlborough, we had a great yoga journey! Today we traveled around the globe to explore some of the world's most popular myths. We talked about what a myth is and imagined our own mythical creature. I can't believe we traveled all around the planet without leaving the library!

Here are the poses we did together.

Your MYTHS AROUND THE WORLD Yoga Journey:

  • Water Bottle Breathing

  • Breath of Fire

  • Sun Stretches

  • Airplane

  • Dragon (England)

  • Warrior 1 & 2 (England - Knights of the Round Table/Dragon Slayers)

  • Down Dog (Greece - Cerberus)

  • Snake (Greece - Medusa )

  • Spider (Africa - Anansi)

  • Elephant (India- Ganesh)

  • Crocodile (Australia - Bunyip)

  • Lion (Australia - Bunyip)

  • Volcano (Hawaii - Pele)

  • Savasana

Everyone went home with a plain paper bag. I invite you to take some time to decorate your bag like a mythical creature. Feel free to do one we talked about or create your own. Leave me a comment to let me know what creature you created; I love to hear about those wild imaginations at work!

A big thank you to Ms. Wahburn and all of the friendly library staff. I hope to see you again soon.

Namaste,
Miss Jen

No comments: